CSIET Membership - Join Us Today!!
CSIET serves its members as a comprehensive and reliable source of information on international youth exchange. Members keep up to date on trends in the field, federal regulations, advocacy efforts, and networking opportunities.
Benefits of Membership:
- Eligibility to serve on CSIET Committees and Working Groups
Voice your ideas about exchange-related topics on one of CSIET's committees or working groups.
- Advance digital copy of the Advisory List
Access detailed information about every program evaluated and accepted for Listing by CSIET.
- CSIET Newsletter, Student Diplomat & E-mail Updates
Receive updates on trends in the exchange industry, new government regulations, changes to CSIET policy, and CSIET's latest advocacy efforts.
- Access to the Members-Only section of CSIET's website
Access to links and online resources that are exclusive to members.
- Discount on CSIET Annual Conference registrations
Meet and exchange ideas with others who share your interest in international youth exchange.
- Discount on bulk purchases of the CSIET publications (the Advisory List, the Administering Youth Exchange Guide, the Model School Policy) Enjoy savings when you order CSIET publications to distribute to colleagues or students.
For more information on eligibility and application forms for each membership category, please click on the links below.
- Voting - Exchange Organization: U.S.-based Youth Exchange Organization
- Voting - Educational Organization: U.S.-based organization not conducting youth exchange
- Voting- School/District: School Districts and Individual High Schools in the United States
- Associate - International: Exchange Organizations based outside the United States
- Associate - Individual: Individuals based inside the United States.
Distinction between Membership and Listing:
CSIET membership does not denote acceptance for listing in the Advisory List. Non-listed CSIET members may not promote themselves as being CSIET-listed, nor may they use the CSIET listing logo in promotional materials or on their websites. If a non-listed exchange program that is a CSIET member chooses to publicize its membership, it must always state that it is a Non-Listed Member of CSIET. This applies to websites, correspondence, program materials, and any other communication with schools, students, host families, athletic associations, or other interested parties. The CSIET Board of Directors has approved this policy and reserves the right to revoke membership if a program or organization claims listing status when such status has not been approved by CSIET.
Membership Categories: CSIET membership is open to several different types of organizations as well as to interested individuals.
Associate Membership: Overseas organizations and individuals are eligible for Associate Membership. Associate Members are entitled to all of the basic benefits of membership. The number of copies of the Advisory List provided varies for the different types of Associate Members.
Voting Membership: U.S.-based international youth exchange organizations, educational organizations, schools, and districts are eligible for Voting Membership. In addition to the basic benefits of membership, Voting Members are entitled to the following advantages as well:
- Voting Rights
Vote on issues relevant to CSIET operations and policy; the individual designated as the primary contact on the CSIET membership application may vote at the CSIET Annual Meeting.
- Eligibility to serve on the Board of Directors
Direct and monitor the future undertakings of CSIET as a member of the CSIET Board of Directors.
Corporate Partners: This partnership program will provide business groups the opportunity to develop a formal relationship with CSIET and its members and gain wider exposure for their products and services.