2018-2019 School/District Voting Membership
U.S. secondary schools conducting international youth exchange programs are eligible for school voting membership. Dues depend on the number of secondary-school-aged participants sponsored by the school program.
To be eligible for CSIET school voting membership, interested schools/districts must demonstrate at least a one-year track record of conducting international youth exchange programs. Only schools/districts certified by the Department of Homeland Security to issue the Form I-20 will be eligible for school/district voting membership. Schools/districts designated by the Department of State to issue DS-2019 are not eligible for CSIET listing.
Distinction between “Membership” and “Listing”
CSIET membership does not denote acceptance for listing in the Advisory List. Non-listed CSIET members may not promote themselves as being CSIET-listed, nor may they use the CSIET listing logo in promotional materials or on their websites. If a non-listed exchange program that is a CSIET member chooses to publicize its membership, it must always state that it is a “Non-Listed Member of CSIET.” This applies to websites, correspondence, program materials, and any other communication with schools, students, host families, athletic associations, or other interested parties. The CSIET Board of Directors has approved this policy and reserves the right to revoke membership if a program or organization claims listing status when such status has not been approved by CSIET.
Benefits of Membership:
- Advance digital copy of CSIET's Advisory List (hard copies available for purchase)
- Subscription to the CSIET Newsletter and Student Diplomat
- Electronic updates on changes in Federal regulations, CSIET standards and local school policies
- Access to the "Members-Only" section of CSIET's website
- Discounts on registration for CSIET Annual Conferences
- Mention of your organization in the Advisory List
- Discount on bulk purchases of CSIET publication (Advisory List, Administering Youth Exchange Guide, and Model School Policy)
- Acccess to annual statistical reporting on international student programming (J-1, F-1, Outbound, and Short-Term)
- Right to vote on issues relevant to CSIET operations and policy
- Eligibility to serve on the CSIET Board of Directors
Join CSIET, Become an Exchange Organization Member Today!
2018-2019 School/District Membership Application
Dues depend on the number of secondary-school-aged participants the organization sponsors. Please check the box that applies to your school/district: