Advisory List Cover Design Contest Entry Form
CSIET is pleased to announce its 15th Annual Art Cover Design Contest. High school exchange students inspired by their experiences are encouraged to submit artwork representing the spirit of youth exchange and how it transforms the lives of young people. The winner’s artwork will be featured in the 2017-2018 Advisory List (on the cover), along with his/her name and CSIET-Listed Exchange Program, as well as on the CSIET website. In addition, the winner will receive a cash prize of $500.
CSIET welcomes a variety of media--both designs produced by hand and computer graphic design. Special consideration will be given to creative and unique designs. All artwork canvas size must be LARGER than 6 ¼ inches wide and 8 ½ inches tall. CSIET asks that students submitting graphic artwork provide one of the following:
- an electronic copy of the artwork in either JPEG (.jpg) or TIFF (.tif) format at least 300 dpi
- a scanned copy of the original artwork in either JPEG (.jpg) or TIFF (.tif) format at at least a 300 dpi
- a printed/hard color copy of the design (unless the design is black and white) mailed to the address at the bottom of this form
RULES & RECOMMENDATIONS
- Contestant must be a current high school exchange student through a CSIET-Listed Exchange Organization.
- The book cover will be 6 ¼ inches wide and 8 ½ inches tall, so all submissions must be equal or larger to this canvas size.
- Any electronic submissions less than 300 dpi will not be considered
- Please do not mail discs/flash drives with electronic files to the office. Submit electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There should be no reference to or depiction of specific exchange organizations, sports, or high school graduation in the artwork submitted.
- Please avoid emphasis on specific countries in the artwork.
- More than one entry is permitted. Each submission must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Entries received without the application form will not qualify for the contest.
- A short written description of the artwork is welcome, but not required.
- Artwork should not incorporate the CSIET logo.
- Please make sure your name is somewhere on the artwork--either on the front or back--so that it can be identified if it is separated from the application form.
- You may not use photo images or artwork that is not your own unless you have permission to use and publish it.
DEADLINE: Entries must arrive at the CSIET office on or before Friday, March 31, 2017.
Artwork submitted electronically must be either uploaded with your entry form or emailed to email@example.com
CSIET will retain full, nonexclusive rights to the artwork featured on the cover of the 2017-2018 Advisory List of International Educational Travel & Exchange Programs. These rights include but are not limited to the right to print, publish, and distribute this work in all media, including electronic media, related to CSIET and its mission.